Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Purple Thanksgiving

I set a very traditional Thanksgiving table ... complete with my Johnson Brothers Turkeys .. but for the first cooking column I wrote for the Southern Illinoisan Newspaper a few years ago, I set this pretty purple Thanksgiving Table.   I did it to show people a way to use different colors ... purple, pink and teal blue ... for the holiday!

The china is Churchill Briar Rose ... the glassware is Shannon crystal and a Libby purple stem ... the cocktail cup on the left is a piece from my collection of Depression Glass Cape Cod. 

 I have a collection of ceramic pumpkins in a variety of colors ... and enjoy using them throughout the Autumn months.  The composed centerpiece also includes garden statuary of pilgrims.
I've linked to Tablescape Thursday ... so make sure you click through Susan's icon on the left and visit all the other participants!  Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. What a colorful collection of pumpkins! A splash of color can really wow a tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an unique table for the holiday! The colors work. Your pumpkins and pilgrims set the mood. Your china is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your non traditional table for Thanksgiving -- The pumpkin collection is beautiful along with your pretty china.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so different and very pretty choice of colors...I love those pretty colored pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree that the Thanksgiving tablescape does not always have to be orange and brown! This is quite lovely. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen ceramic pumpkins in those colors. They look perfect with your table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful table...love the non-traditional pumpkins...wherever did you find them?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive