Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - Marilyn Monroe and Artichokes!

Here we are again ... Tablescape Thursday!  Thanks so much to Susan for hosting.   Make sure you click through the icon on the left to visit our host site.  I hope you'll also click through to my website and look at my most recent cookbook.   Autumn is upon us and if you need some new entertaining ideas, this  book is a great one! It's worth the purchase, just to find out who got the first bite of my wedding cake!  Hope you enjoy my artichoke scape ... and a little history lesson to boot!

14 comments:

  1. That is a very fun and lovely tablescape. I didn't realize Marilyn Monroe was the first official artichoke queen. Sure makes for an intriguing blog and tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors together. I appreciate the things you share with us each week. I learn something new every time. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the combination of colors. The artichoke bowls are awesome...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful al fresco tablescape. I love the artichoke bowls. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tickled pink, or artichoke green. I have those same artichoke dishes. And was planning a tablescape as soon as some new dishes came in. OOh i admitted my passion (don't tell). Your table is so pretty. It was fun to learn about artichokes and MM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dishes and tablescape! You learn something new everyday...Marilyn Munroe an artichoke queen!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have combined some of my favorites... I love black, white and green and I love artichokes!!! What a great tablescape. I love the way you have it set on your pretty black wrought iron table.
    Just lovely!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the green and white...yes, I do love artichokes, too. The artichoke dip dishes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The table is wonderful, and as a resident of california we have lots of artichokes -- they are expensive, but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This table is so pretty. I am really loving green and white together. It's so calming

    Thank you for stopping by my blog...it's nice to meet another Temptations lover! Are you an Old World girl? What color? Please stop by again! (by the way, your granddaughter is adorable and that is such a cute name!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty -- I love your green and white combinations on your table. Your little sweetie is so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never had an artichoke! This is something I need to address! Pretty table, and Phoebe's truly lovin' your monkey dress it's too cute:@)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always learn something new and Marilyn plus artichokes is fun to know. The table of green artichoke china is so pretty. The black and white dinnerware makes it all just pop. I knew I wasn't the only one that carried china back from a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your table setting. The reds and greens are so pretty - especially those green goblets. Thank you for linking to FFT.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive