Tandori Pork Steak



Years ago I had a friend from India who introduced me to the flavors of the foods she had grown up eating! Comparing her very flavorful spice combinations to potato salad and baked beans was areal hoot! She convinced me that there was more to grilled meat than thick tomato based barbecue sauce!

What I've learned since, especially with regard to Tandori, is that everybody has their own rendition of the recipes! I've developed my own, as well. I mix equal portions of cumin, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard and coriander together. Make what you need for a few pieces of meat ... or make a container full to store. I rubbed these pork steaks with a little bit of olive oil, then generously seasoned them with my spice mixture. In addition to the dry spices, I chopped plenty of cinnamon basil to sprinkle on them. Grill the meat over medium heat until their juices run clear. The amount of time depends on the thickness of the steaks. These took about 8 minutes on each side.

I served my pork steaks with sesame peanut slaw and small new potatoes that I had boiled first ... then tossed in olive oil and finished on the grill.

Enjoy!






February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's