Scallion Cream Sauce on Pork Chops


It was a rainy day and I needed a little comfort food! Boneless pork chops fit the bill, but how to fix them? I had a nice bunch of scallions in my CSA box this week, so I decided to make a cream sauce using some of them to create a mild onion flavor. I also had some pretty broccoli in my box, so I added it to the dish!

The first step in this easy recipe is to dredge the pork chops in a little flour seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Fry them on both sides in a couple Tablespoons of canola oil. Remove them from the skillet and add a couple chopped scallions to the oil. Cook the scallions until they begin to get soft.




Use 1 Tablespoon of the flour to make a roux in the remaining oil. If you don't have much oil, add a Tablespoon to the skillet. Sprinkle the flour right in over the onion bits. When the flour is bubbling, add 1 cup of milk to make a thick sauce.

Whisk in 4 ounces of cream cheese. Stir it gently so it blends in completely. Put the chops back into the skillet and cover with the sauce. Add the broccoli to the skillet, then cover it with foil and bake for 30
minutes at 350 degrees. The chops
will be tender and flavorful
and the broccoli will be perfect to
help soak up some of that yummy sauce. Serve this with noodles or rice.



This is a perfect meal for two people ... or one empty nester with left overs! I'll be sharing this post with a couple parties listed in my side bar, but make sure you check out my home page before you move on!


February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's