Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Friday, March 6, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Spoolies


I'm having a family St. Patrick's Day meal ... corned beef with all the appropriate vegetables and a rich chocolate cake made with stout! I'll include a couple friends who are like family for this meal. I like to give party favors ... and the men will enjoy a good cigar ... and the girls will get spoolies!




This one is for my daughter ... the genealogist who has traced our roots back to Mary, Queen of Scots! I made miniature pages of sheet music ... one for Mary my Heather Queen and another for Highland Mary ... for this theme. The tiny spool tucked into the display is covered with a tiny piece of sheet music ... "The Irish built the pyramids"!  Cricut got busy and made the rosettes for the backgrounds of my spoolies.



This spoolie is for Miss Phoebe and I incorporated a rainbow theme in it!
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!





This spoolie is themed "My Wild Irish Rose" for my friend ... who loves musicals and all things Irish! I used some of the parts of one of my card making kits as the paper rose elements in this one!


This one has a little blue in it ... and it is for me! I hope! I'll share, if somebody else wants it! I'm really enjoying the television show "Reign" about Mary, Queen of Scots ... even though it certainly lacks historic accuracy! So, my spoolie has a little of Mary in it. You'll get a better glimpse of the tiny spool on this one!



Hope you've enjoyed this post! I'll share it with a few of the parties listed at the bottom of my sidebar. Make sure you click through to see the other posts!


9 comments:

  1. Incredible Spoolies! Your dinner sounds fabulous. I'm going to go look at the cake with stout in it now. Bet it makes it very dense and rich. Happy St Patrick's Day! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing on Small victories Sunday Link up. Hope you join us again

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put a lot of thought and time into this. I am sure it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love making spoolies! These are so cute and your guests will love them. We always do a green dinner with the family, but hubby will be out of town this year. Guess I'll have to paint the town green! jk!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty these are! It's clear that lots of creativity and thought go into making each one. Thank you for sharing on the Spring Craft Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI I love your St. Patrick's Day Spoolies!!! Thank you soooo much for linking up to our Something to Talk About Link Party and I hope you'll join the party again tomorrow morning at 6 am est. so your feature which is shared across 7 blogs and please link up some more pretties too. See you there and have a great week, hugs, Lisa at Concord Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I love your blog, with all the cherries :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining the Sunday Small victories linkup. Pinned too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute craft! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive