Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Musical Eggs!


The rabbit has been in my craft room, again!
I'm very pleased that Miss Phoebe has an interest in music and has started violin lessons at school. I decided to encourage her interest by decoupaging some Easter Eggs with sheet music. I printed some music to use, so Easter Parade became the star! This is the first time I've decoupaged eggs ... hmmm. 
Will it be my last?


I printed an extra sheet to frame so we can create a vignette in our Easter decorating. I placed a cutout vintage card on top of the music. I found the card online. Each of the eggs is embellished with a gemstone ... all eggs need bling ... and a little vintage ribbon.


I did the eggs two ways. I cut the full piece to wrap around using this technique.
I covered a couple eggs with small pieces of music in a crazy quilt technique. I have to say both worked pretty well and I'm content with my first effort's results!



Make sure you take a look at my home page and my other embellished eggs! You might like these, too! I'll be sharing this post with a few of the parties listed on my sidebar. Make sure you take a look and enjoy all the other great ideas.

7 comments:

  1. Love the music on the eggs! Now I'm wondering if we could make some for my kids piano teacher. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from Frugal Friday! All your eggs are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wel done on the Easter eggs. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute eggs. I can see them being from an old hymnal. have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your musical eggs and bling on them! How special that you used music from an old hymnal. Have a great weekend! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these and the vintage lace eggs on the Spring Craft Blog Hop. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thanks for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive