Daddy's Birthday

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today is my daddy's birthday. He is celebrating his 96th birthday in Heaven ... probably having coconut cream pie, pineapple upside down cake and lemon meringue pie ... with my mother. I'm sure all the other family members are there with him ... because he is loved.

Here he is just a couple weeks before he left us ... We were decorating graves for Mother's Day ... and I met him at the cemetery with this new puppy ... for him. He immediately named him "Coalie" ... because he had a black dog as a child that he had called Coalie ... black as coal! Daddy didn't get to keep the puppy and my husband insisted that it come to our house. In keeping with family tradition, he immediately changed his name ... naming him after my father, Jim. This is Jimmy Mutt, aka MeMutt!

My dad was one of those guys who knew everything his children did ... He would often greet us with a question about why we had done something ... and we just couldn't figure out how he knew our secrets!

My dad taught me many things ... things I should NOT DO ... and things that I should do ... I've created a list!


Daddy taught me that ...

God carved everything in stone at the beginning of time
God answers prayers when he is ready
Everything happens for a reason
Family is important
Nature nurtures
Charity isn’t noisy
Good husbands want their wives nearby
 Every day is a holiday
Good cooking is important
Meals around the table solve all kinds of problems

Happy Birthday, Daddy!




February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's