Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pinecones and Chili!

We had a nice Saturday night chili supper by the fire.  I used my Pinecone pattern ironstone made by Towncraft for Cabelas.  It is really heavy, appropriate for soups and chili ... and works well through the winter.  In 2009, I used it for one of my Christmas dinner party tables with cabin style decor and lanterns surrounded by pine boughs and pine cones. 

My green Depression Glass leaves are the perfect bowls for dessert.  I have a dozen of these and they are probably actually candy dishes, but they look great in this tablescape!   The red stemmed glasses are heavy enough to fit the theme.

I picked up some really big pine cones last fall to specifically use with this dinnerware.  Southern Illinois is full of huge stands of pine trees.  I filled a couple hurricanes with them  and flanked a tall centerpiece of curly willow branches that I used years ago in a garden show entry!   Yes, I keep everything!


The special pieces on the table include the leaf bowls, napkin rings that include tiny pinecones with the polka dot napkins.  I love all polka dots!   The real pinecones stand out ... and the Cambridge flatware in the pinecone pattern adds a special touch to perfect this tablescape theme! 

Our dinner with Miss Phoebe and her daddy was warm, cozy and filling and tasty!  It was 9 degrees outside, with a little snow on the ground, but comfortable inside!


I'm posting with Tablescape Thursday and Alphabet Thursday, so make sure you click through to the parties. 

26 comments:

  1. What a pretty table you have set. It is so warm and inviting for the winter. I am especially admiring your pincone flatware. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pine cone dishes. Pinecones are such a great winter decorative accessory! I'm with Joni that the flatware is great, too! What a great find! Thanks for stopping by my place earlier this evening, and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pinecone dishes. the flatware to go with them is wonderful too. I think polkda dots go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    Luv the pinecones! You did well.

    Always enjoy a pinecone theme.
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pine cone design dishes. They are so pretty and multi seasonal. I also like to collect pine cones to display in bowls and baskets as decorations in autumn and winter. It is nice meeting you through Alphabe Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love your pinecone table -- it's all delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the way you used the real pine cones! Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We both have pinecones in our tables tonight!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, love those pine cone dishes. The flatware is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very pretty table scape! I would like to invite you to link this up to my new link party, Masterpiece Monday, at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week. Take care, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice table...nice pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun dishes and flatware! Glad you're inside and warm:@)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like such a warm and cozy dinner. Everything is just lovely. I love decorating with pine cones too. Best part is they are free. I have a yard full.
    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your centerpiece is wonderful. It love the table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you use pieces from nature for your table setting. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun and inviting tablescape. It makes me feel like I am at a lodge of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect table. And chile sounds just right!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie, those pine cone dishes are just wonderful! I know you enjoy using them during the winter months. I love all the rustic touches you've added to your table to carry out the theme. I also adore polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was craning to see if I could spot a roaring fire anyplace close to your wonderful rustic tablescape. The green Dression glass bowls have my mouth watering. Thank you for sharing your neat design and for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun table, and I love how you used the pinecones to echo those in the china. I like all of the rustic touches you used, and I know your family enjoyed this tablescape.

    Warm hugs,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That would totally work in my log home..

    Lovely! Cabellas rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your pinecone tablescapes...
    Thank you so much for stopping by! I have an unexpected day off today, so yay! I am catching up on blog visits and art orders.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Please do come back any time...and I would love if you would take a peek at my new facebook art page. www.facebook.com/PersonalizedSketches and become a "fan" by hitting the like button :o) I finally got brave enough to figure facebook pages out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your dishes...your table is just beautiful.
    I don't find many pine cones out here on the plains of West Texas. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is a beautiful table ~ envy
    happy alphabe-thursday

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Debbie!

    Welcome to Alphabe-Thursday!

    Love your pinecone feast! That flatware is really charming, too!

    One of my daughters loves pinecones, I'm going to send her this link!

    Thanks for participating this week and for sharing a particularly charming 'P' post.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive