Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Go, Go Ice & Snow!

I hate to say it, but it was 60 degrees yesterday in Southern Illinois.  That only means that next week we could have ice and snow that prevents us from moving much!  That is the weather in this part of the country.  I don't envy my blogging friends in the northeast this past week.  I can't say that I'm a big fan of snow and ice.

I do, however, enjoy setting the table that reflects icy weather!  How crazy is that?


I've mixed my Shannon Crystal with part of my collection of Depression Era Glass in the Waterford Waffle Pattern.  It was made by Hocking and really came on the scene after the Depression at a time when real crystal was coming into vogue.  Those who couldn't afford the real thing, might have been able to afford this pressed glass variety. 
I love mixing it all up.




I'm joining Seasonal Sundays, so make sure you click through the favicon to visit the party!  Thanks to our hostess.  Don't we have fun at our parties?

11 comments:

  1. What an interesting story about the Waterford Waffle pattern. I didn't realize that they had a category of crystal which would have been considered Depression glass. Just goes to show it wasn't all cheap stuff. It's a lovely set, so nice with the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table, lovin' the dishes! That's the only kind of ice (and snow) I'd like to see for a while:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so stunning! Elegant. Just love it.
    Thanks for stopping by too!
    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crazy for glassware so your setting wins me over.
    60...how did that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like a winter wonderland on a table top! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!

    Musical Snow Globe, is my entry. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, this is lovely! The perfect winter tablescape. Happy Blue Monday to you!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! How fun to match the table to the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat icy cold table. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tablescape! It looks wonderful. Thanks for finding and following me from the swap following party. I'm your newest follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very nice table, it looks beautiful! I am also you newest follower and found you on the swap party..Looking forward to all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive