I LOVE OWLS!

When Joe and I were first married, we bought a double A-Frame home that was located in the middle of a 40-acre stand of oak trees.  Needless to say, owls found refuge in the timber ... and on one of our first nights there, a couple of them decided to make lots of noise!  They were "courting", as my daddy would say ... and they startled us!  Not long after, we shopped for oil paintings and Joe found the perfect painting to hang near the top of the 30 foot tall fireplace chimney! That beautiful painting remains with me, and if you want to see it, click right here to see the owl I've loved for 40 years.

For now, let me share something else that is pretty cute!  I moved a couple of my garden owls inside to create a tablescape in the sunroom!


This tablescape evolved from a place mat purchase from Wal-Mart!  I love this paper art style of design.



I frequently use books ... especially cookbooks ... in tablescapes.  I don't buy many cookbooks anymore, but I still love the ones I have.  I enjoy their company at the dinner table!


I splurged this summer for a set of Melamine plates ... a big $2.50 each at Big Lots!  They set a pretty table.  Napkins are Pioneer Woman and the glassware is Fostoria Virginia pattern from the 1980s.




February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's