Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Shrimp Seared in Sage & Brown Butter



I'm trying to spend a little more time at the stove or BBQ grill lately.  It is just not easy to cook only enough for one person, so I have to work at preparing small portions!  I need to eat my own cooking, and I love cooking for crowds, but when it is just for me ... the quicker I get done, the better.  Believe it or not, this shrimp dinner is a 30-minute meal!

After peeling, deveining and washing the shrimp, I pat it dry with paper towel. While doing that, I've set a small pan of water to boil for my polenta (3 parts water to 1 part polenta). Once the water is boiling, gently pour in the polenta; turn the heat down and let the polenta simmer until it is done. Stir it occasionally.

I make the rest of this meal in one skillet, starting  by quickly 'scalding' the fresh green beans in just a tiny bit of butter.  I season my beans with salt and pepper. Before the beans were ready, I tossed in a small sweet red pepper, sliced. When my vegetables were crisp, but done ... I removed them and added a Tablespoon of butter to the skillet, letting it melt slowly. I added my shrimp and fresh sage leaves (chopped). I generously dropped fresh lemon zest over the shrimp. Once the shrimp started turning translucent, I turned the heat up high and quickly browned the butter and the shrimp! I immediately served the shrimp over the polenta. If you don't quickly removed your browned butter sauce from the skillet, it will become blackened butter sauce! The last step is a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice!  Delicious!


I always have left over polenta and it is good in many ways.  I added a couple spoonsful of smoked gouda walnut spread to the left over polenta and stored it in the fridge.  Look at left over Grilled Polenta to see how I used it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive