Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Bless our Blooms!

This cute summertime decor began with a gift from my brother and sister-in-law ... this cute wall hanging that is a window frame with chicken wire in place of the glass!  I loved the red geraniums ... and we all love our 'blooms' and our 'grand-blooms' ... so the sentiment was so sweet!  I decided to hang it on the brick wall of my sunroom.



Then, I got this cute 'sit' sign in the mail from my sister ... on her birthday ... she sent me a gift!  She bought it for my front porch after seeing my new red cushions.  If you missed that post click here to see it!   So, the sign found its way to the back porch sunroom!


I love the pots of geraniums ... and have it hanging over the liquor cabinet.

 It was easy to find lots of things in the house to move to the sunroom ... and red gingham checked ribbon around the candles was a must!


A candle jar filled with faux apples and an apple scented candle loves it place beside the red tool box filled with more silk geraniums.



...and didn't you know I'd have red geranium dinnerware to complete the scene?   The dinnerware is Metlox pottery, made in California ... probably from the late 70s.  The square bowls are Pfaltzgraff and the linens are Tina Vasi from Dillards.


Who wouldn't love the adorable coffee and tea pots?  The shapes are so unique and the geraniums are so detailed!




Hope you enjoyed one of what will be among the last bright summertime tablescapes!  It's almost time for pumpkins and fall foliage!


I'm linking with a couple parties so make sure you click through to see the other posts.  Hope you enjoyed ... and hope you visit my home page to see my other posts!  Miss Phoebe has a new blue bike and the pictures are, of course, adorable!


Click through to:



11 comments:

  1. Fun tablescape. Pumpkins and fall foliage may be awhile yet here. It's still 105 every day. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady. I love your tablescape for the fall. Your pumpkins are so sweet. I love red !!!Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape. I will be putting a new one on this Monday. I hope you are having a great weekend.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started the pumpkin thing already.. maybe they will make this incessant heat go away!! Your geraniums are so pretty. I love your dishes, the picture frame with the pots of them and your signs are so cool. co marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty red table setting Debbie! The geraniums are really cute and I love 'bless the blooms'-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous! Wonderful gifts! I love geraniums and yes, Bless The Blooms!!!! Your geranium dishes wonderful. This post was so much fun! Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post reflecting on the gifts of summer.
    Love all your reds, apple scented candles are my favourite fragrance too.
    Fabulous mosaics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!

    Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Sorry I've been so delayed in visiting.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Debbie! First, congratulations on your recently bestowed award! That's pretty cool! A celebrity amongst us!!! I really like all the pretty geraniums. So bright and colorful! No kidding those are fun and unusual shapes on the coffee and teapots!!! Love 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to come sit on your porch, Debbie...love all the red you have gathered for your cute table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blooming dishes. What a wonderful coffee and tea set! So unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable...geraniums are always so happy and I can't believe you have so many dishes with geranium pattern on them!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive