Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Heart of the Home Chickens & Roosters!

It is time for a party!  I'm happy to be participating in the Heart of the Home Party at Note Songs.  Make sure you click through to visit the other posts and say a big thank you to our hostess!   The heart of our home has always been the kitchen table and the little shelves that hang above it!  I've recently switched some furniture around, but it doesn't change anything!  It is still the table in the kitchen where everything happens ... including parties with chickens and roosters ... oh, and always a pig or two!



This cute chicken/rooster tablescape began with a woven place mat ... that also depicted grapes!   We're all about local wines, so it is an important part of my decor ... always!   Then came a burgundy round mat on top of that cutie.   Then a beautiful over-sized plate that has a raised  design on it.   I added little baked potato baskets that I have had for 35 years!  It used to be popular to serve your baked potato, wrapped in foil, placed in those little baskets.  Sometimes I still do that!


I used these cute rectangular plates as side salad plates;  the square appetizer plates as bread and butter plates ... and everybody always loves my Cambridge flatware flaunting those proud roosters!





I loved the mugs that came with this dinnerware ... which was a summer discounted batch from Old Time Pottery.   I used the pitcher for a bit of a centerpiece ... used purple and amber glasses with this setting ... and enjoyed a meal of baked chicken breasts, spinach salad, homemade rolls with herb butter ... and a baked potato!   Cockadoodle doo!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I have the same small square rooster plates, what cute stuff you have! My post should be up in a bit. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nesting hen plates Debbie, the basket weave border is beautiful! The pig picture in the first shot cracks me up too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your plates! They are SO cute, and the chickens (and pig) on your shelf. And the flatware is adorable, too. I've never seen any like that and just love it. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Dropping by from Shelia's roost to wish you a Happy Cockadoodledoo kind of day!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have some wonderful roosters. Love the placemats and plates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie! OH, what wonderful Roos and Chicks you have! I love your sweet table and your dishes and the silverware is precious!
    Thank you so much for coming to my party.
    You are the sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all your chicken dishes!

    Betty @ Country Charm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great stuff. I'm a big basket fan and a newbie rooster fan, so I was enchanted by those oversized plates with the basketweave around the edge. I'd love to find some of those! So glad I visited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your table scape. Plus Pig. So fun, I will be back often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your plates..so cute..and the pig pictures, too funny.:)

    Did I tell you that I made your quick bread? OMGosh...
    Mine will post on the 11th so be sure to swing by and have a piece. :))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some fabulous hens and roosters....but thoses plates I love them. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you have great roos & hens -- love the plates with the basket edges :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have your bread recipe link up..come by to see me. :))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a colourful setting! Love those roosters and hens. Everything looks so gorgeous here. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those plates are fabulous.. wow. Love the colors.Your centerpiece is lovely.. great table xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a wide and varied rooster collection. So full of color!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those rooster plates with the basketweave rims! The flatware is to die for, so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fablouse setting.

    Enjoyed it.

    Love,

    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't we all had fun with our roos this week? Love those wonderful plates. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Neat table, Debbie! I remember those baked potato baskets from years ago! They were very popular. I wonder why people don't use them anymore. They always dressed the potato up so nicely and made them easier to handle at the table. Without them, the potato slides all over the plate. You were smart to keep those!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive