Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Sunflowers Meet Pumpkins!

It's a busy week for me, so my sunflower posting will have to make you smile! We had a little wine and snacks over the weekend and this was the set up! I brought a few of my garden ornaments inside and worked them into the pumpkin/sunflower display on my kitchen shelves! Apples and caramel dip for Grandbaby ... but wine for me! I've also posted some pictures from one of the tables I set for the recent Women's Conference. I taught a workshop on tablescaping and party planning!

This is the week that Dick Gregory is coming to dinner ... with a couple hundred other people, so I've been busy making centerpieces. I stuffed faux pumpkins with silk flowers; attached smaller pumpkins and big sunflowers. You'll see pictures next week!

I've left photos up from last week's tablescape post. Maybe you didn't get a chance to look at all the posts last week ... I know I didn't! As always, special thanks to Susan at www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com for hosting our fun!

23 comments:

  1. Lovely fall table. I've never seen green pumpkin dinnerware - very nice. I like the change! Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm drooling so over these gorgeous tables. I love those pretty green pumpkins. Thank you for sharing.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the green pumpkins with the orange!

    Does your cookbook have all these tablescapes included?

    Thanks for the info about the iron skillets, I was ready to order them when my husband told me I had some already, and he dug them out! I thought I had tossed them!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what wonderful green pumpkins you have -- I had to laugh out loud that you still had your Easter Bunnies up through the summer! Busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love the green pumpkins. What a fun surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great mosaics!! Love the sunflowers and pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pumpkins too! They are such a pretty green. You've taken really great mosaics too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, you do have a wonderful knack for doing this sort of thing! What a great way to earn a living, too.
    Those green pumpkins are really different & go nicely with the entire theme. BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...love those unusual little green pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love those green pumpkin tureens! Never saw anything like those before - very unique and they look great with the sunflowers! Love the display on your hutch too!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never met a pumpkin I didn't like either...especially pumpkin pie...love those green tureens! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your pumpkin items and the sunflower plates. I'll need to look for sunflower plates. The green pumpkins are a fun surprise. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a lovely tablescape! Very cute and inviting! Stop by for a visit soon!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sunflowers and pumpkins look awesome together. I love your collage, very pretty. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The table is amazing, the green pumpkins with the green glassware, wow. Just so pretty and so inviting....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those green pumpkins. I also think the large pumpkin plates are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The green pumpkins are so original. It's a nice twist from the usual. I also love the green water goblets.

    I believe this is the first time I have visited your blog. I have been an Executive Assistant for almost 30 years and have planned corporate holiday parties, company picnics, grand openings, partner retreats, etc. I have even been a wedding coordinator for our church. Now that I am unemployed, I have been tempted to go into business for myself as an event planner. The only downside is that I don't want to give up every weekend for the rest of my life. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful that the bunnies gave birth to the sunflowers:) I done
    't remember seeing green pumpkins before but I really like them. Also the pumpkin cups are cute. I can see hot apple cider being sipped from them. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, you are a Wonder Woman! You must have more than the normal 24 hours in your day. How do you ever manage to comment on or even READ anyone else's blog?
    Fabulous pumpkin and sunflower tables! I love the little pumpkin cups from Target -- how cute! but your green ceramic pumpkins --- I really lust after those. . . in my heart, of course. ;-)

    Lovely blog! So much to see!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, love all your photos, sunflowers, pumpkins, Christmas things. Great tablescapes!!
    And I must learn how to do colages with my photos!
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cheerful--I was wondering where you had set this up!lol looks like ya'll had some fun!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive