HALLOWEEN CHILI SUPPER FOR PHOEBE - 2017

Our Halloween celebrations always include a chili supper!  This year, I made the usual venison chili using Papa Joe's acclaimed recipe ... but I also made white chicken chili, for the first time.  It might become 'acclaimed' too!

Here's the cute tablescape.  



If I don't stop buying galvanized metal ... my whole house will be filled with it!  I love that look and I think it just comforts my spirit ... kind of like comfort food ... it takes me back to the earliest days of my marriage, when Joe would ice down watermelons spiked with booze in a big galvanized wash tub that had been his grandmother's!  She would have spun in her grave had she known we were intoxicating water melons!


Did I need to buy these pumpkin dishes from Walmart's collection this year?  The answer is NO, NO, NO.  If you don't believe me, check out my Halloweens of the Past post RIGHT HERE!  The galvanized chargers came from Miss Phoebe as a Mother's Day gift; the flatware is Mikasa ... sunflowers; the stemmed glasses are from my vast vintage collection; and the cute pumpkin napkin ring is at least ten years old, but I remember buying them at JoAnn Fabric!   Miss Phoebe and I always enjoy shopping our favorite collectible shop before holidays.  This year, we found this tablecloth and napkins (a Kohl's product) and they had never been used ... so they came home with us!


February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's