Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Friday, June 29, 2012

July 4th Ruby Red Tablescape

The 4th of July at our house is a series of special meals and great tablescapes!   Some are done on the kitchen table and are relatively simple;  others are outside and at least one will be set on the dining room table.  The temperatures are in triple digits in Southern Illinois, so other than very early morning coffee on the back deck or late evening refreshment on the front porch ... we probably will not be outside!   So, here's the first of a few tables I'll post in the next week!




I love the little parade  characters down the center of the table.  I don't even remember where I got those, but I bought them to entertain Miss Phoebe!  The little boy pulling his wagon with a dog in it reminds me of my own childhood!   I pushed a doll carriage filled with kittens in a parade when I was about 6 ... and all the kittens jumped out and ran down the street!  People were grabbing them and giving them back to me.  I managed to get to the end of the parade route with all the little cats ... but it was quite a job!




This table is set with milky white plates and mugs combined with ruby red Depression Glass and an Cape Cod cocktail glass.  We'll start this meal with Shrimp Cocktail.  The little bird house ornaments sit at each place setting, and the Cambridge flatware adds a little more lustor to the setting.





This is one of my favorite decorating pieces, and I actually have several of them.  It is easy to change the seasonal decor in the bottom of the hurricane.   I'm linking with several of the parties shown in my side bar, so make sure you click through to see the other posts!   Happy July 4th!   Try to stay cool.

I'm partying with Common Ground so make sure you click through to visit the other posts. 

16 comments:

  1. How beautiful everyhting is to conmemorate the 4th. of July, our countrie's great birthday!! I love the depression and Cape Cod glasses, so pretty! loving the man driving his tractor and the little boy pulling his little wagon...this are just adorable and I'm sure Miss Phoebe loves them too! Nice red flatware too. HAPPY 4TH. OF JULY!!!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' your little parade people! The Santa on the tractor is too fun. Cute story about your kittens, I'm sure it was eventful:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy Holidays...love your tablescape...
    HPS
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are ready for the 4th. Everything looks delightful!

    Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday! Hope you will make it a weekly party stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your ruby glass and milk glass. So beautiful. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a festive tablescape! I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun 4 th of July table!! I have one of those hurricanes that I recently bought...so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun on 4th of July! Great post..


    Visiting for Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/07/pink-backpack.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are all set! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your parade too. How pretty. Great 4th tablescape. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it is wonderful. All of your decor and lovely tablescape. Have a great 4th!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great talent for pretty table settings. Love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table looks beautiful -- love, love, love those little birdhouses!
    Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and festive! Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you
    can be a great author. I will ensure that I
    bookmark your blog and will eventually come back someday.

    I want to encourage you continue your great
    posts, have a nice holiday weekend!
    Check out my blog : how to get rid of static cling

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive