Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunflower Sunday Supper

Miss Phoebe brought her mom and dad over for Sunday supper! So, I set a simple table using Pfaltzgraff Hunter Green dinnerware, Bull's Eye stemmed glasses and sunflower plates.

The centerpiece is a candle that I keep on the kitchen table most of the time.  I change the filler in the glass container to go along with the seasons or the table theme.  Silk Black Eyed Susans were perfect to go along with the sunflower place mats and plates.   I love the battery operated candles!

I am the lucky owner of a gas grill that has an oven in it.   It is designed to serve as a smoker and an oven and the temperature goes up to 450 degrees, so it is perfect for baking a pan of cornbread to go along with our glazed grilled ham.

I mopped the ham with a key lime mustard vinegar glaze and served it with cheesy potatoes and baked beans.  My daughter brought her famous deviled eggs and our dessert was fantastic!  I  made a white "poke cake" and topped it with banana pudding, a layer of sliced bananas and another layer of whipped topping.   It is a perfect ending for a summer night's supper!

I'll be posting with several of the parties shown in my side bar so make sure you click through to see all the other party posts!  Hope you have a wonderful week!

I'm linking with the party at http://www.betweennapsontheporch.net  so make sure you
click through to visit the party!

6 comments:

  1. Oh what a lucky lady you are with that oven/grill combo. Your ham sounds delicious and the dessert looks scrumptious!

    I LOVE your beautiful sunflower plates and place settings, very lovely tablescape!

    I'm having my very first blog giveaway and would be delighted to have you stop by. Have a wonderful evening!!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I like the salt and pepper shakers! it is the LITTLE things that catch my eye. Your anonymous sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely tablescape. I love the yellow, one of my favorite colors. Dinner looks amazing, now I am so hungry. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pie sounds divine! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your goal was to get me jealous and hungry, you succeeded BIG TIME!!!!! First the jealous part: YOU HAVE A GRILL WITH AN OVEN??!?!?!!! I have never heard of such a wonderful luxury! What a great idea! Oh, my gosh that would be such a dream to have! I have GOT to find one of those bad boys!!! Now for the hungry part: Hello?!?!! You can't post photos like this and then not share!!! :-) Oh, my gosh, it has been so long since I ate ham. That looks so good!!! The glaze you used sound delicious!!! The cake looks heavenly, too, and your sides...mmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Somehow my bowl of Rice Krispies that I had for lunch seems lacking! :-) Have a wonderful weekend, Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete