Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pink Roses for a Bunny!

It's time to post a pretty spring tablescape, but before you look at these gorgeous pictures, click through to read the details of a new blog party that I'll be hosting on Mondays, opening it at 3pm on Sundays.  Merriment Making Mondays will be "anything goes", as long as it makes us smile!  Hope you'll join me!


We'll celebrate St. Patrick's Day at our house, but I promised Miss Phoebe that she and Gwamma would start getting out the Easter Bunnies ... so here's a beginning!   This pretty bunny came from HL and my candle hurricane is my all-time favorite candle holder.  I love changing the decor by switching the things I have nestled in the bottom.  These pretty pink peonies came from Dollar Tree, but they are some of the prettiest I've seen.



 I posted pictures of this china perched on my hutch a few weeks ago and promised you'd eventually see it on a table!   It is American made Style House from the 1950s in the Dresden Bouquet pattern.  I have twelve place settings and lots of serving pieces, including the coffee server below!  How pretty is that?




I think the prettiest part of this china pattern is the wide gold rim on the pieces.  This china was in perfect shape when I  bought it .. .not a mark on it and the gold is in more than perfect shape.   
My Mikassa stemware and the Big Kahuna flatware with the gold pineapple on the end looks great.





The centerpiece began with a scarf that is often found around my shoulders!  The pink, green and gold print was perfect for this tablescape.   We all love our candle lite and I continue to be a giant fan of QVC's Bethlehem Lights battery candles.  As long as I have big dogs that help me with my dinner parties, I'll avoid burning candles!
I'm posting with the following parties, so make sure you click through to visit the other participants!  Thanks to our hostesses!


Tablescape Thursday
Potpourri Friday
Home Sweet Home
Pink Saturday
Seasonal Sundays






27 comments:

  1. Hi lovely lady.
    Such a beautiful Tablescape.'' The pink and white with the gold dishes are Gorgeous looking with your Centerpiece so Beautifully done. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your china is exquisite! and I love your flatwate - the table is so inviting - when shall I stop by? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful china! Your table is adorable!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your beautiful setting...it is just devine..sooo inviting and just the right touches of pink in those beautiful dishes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roses and Easter bunnies...what could be better??? Love your dishes! I can't find my Easter stuff....they must be in the cellar with everything else I can't find! Moving is not my favorite thing to do....I'm all most done!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablescape is darling and the little rabbit in between the dishes adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flowers inside the candle such a nice touch. Bunnies are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely set, beautiful table.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new blog party sounds like fun, Debbie! I'll put it on my calendar! Meanwhile, LOVE this china!!! It is so feminine and pretty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie,
    What a lovely pink table setting, perfect for spring and tea. Love your little bunny along with your pink dishes and tea service to match!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely china set. How darling your tabletop bunny is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is simply enchanting! Your bunny is adorable.
    HPS!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnificent presentation. Your china is so near mine. Love your vignettes.

    Have a lovely PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ~Giveaway ends 3/15 ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. You bet I'll come visit you, sugar! Darling blog. Ooooh, is Phoebe one of the grands? I love grands but the great granddaughter is sooooo much funner! I love having her in my life. I lived for the day one of our grandkids would give us a great grandchild. Nice to meet you, sweetpea.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed visiting with you today and seeing all your pretty goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Come link with me with my Color Connection meme.

    Broken Leg with a bit of pink. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Pink Saturday
    Absolutely stunning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous table! Love the roses!
    xo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Debbie,

    I don't do St. Patrick's at my house. I guess 'cause I'm full blooded Italian! LOL

    I love your Easter bunny display with the roses and your china is so pretty. Thank you for sharing such a pretty vignette. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty, love the rose dishes-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Debbie, Your dishes are stunning and I love the perfect Spring table setting. Your scarf is the best idea and it looks so pretty. I might steal the scarf idea. Smile! Thanks for your visit.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful table setting, so very perfect for this time of year! Happy Pink and have a marvelous day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely Spring Tablescape. I love the adorable bunny and your beautiful china. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful evening.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your pink dishes are absolutely lovely. Perfect for the season. I love your red cherries ~ they're so cheerful! Your party sounds like fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those gorgeous peonies $Tree? Lucky you! Goes to show what
    a keen eye and equisite taste can produce...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive