Gospel of Luke Challenge!



I’ve accepted the challenge of reading the Gospel of Luke each day during December.  One chapter a day gives us a reading for each day leading up to Christmas.  During the reading of those 24 chapters, we learn everything we need to know about Jesus Christ.  We read of the annunciation; the birth of Christ; his ministry, death, resurrection and ascension.  That is everything a Christian need know … to understand why we are what we are!  I will be blogging daily about my interpretation of each chapter. 

Luke is the longest of the four gospels and the longest book in the New Testament.  It is traditionally believed to have been written by Luke, although he didn’t sign his work.  Luke was a friend of Paul and he traveled with Paul.  Luke was a learned man.  He was a physician. He was a scientific scholar who understood the culture of the time and who was well versed in the religious history.  He wrote in a novelistic style that was easily followed and understood.  He states clearly in the beginning of the first chapter that he is writing about things that other people witnessed and had shared.  He indicates that he is going to put all those facts in chronologic order so ‘common’ people and ‘learned’ people could understand.

Who were those people? There is a lot of conjecture about the audience of the Gospel of Luke.  Many believe that Luke was writing to Theophilos, but the uncertainty surrounds the identity of Theophilos.  In Greek, the name means “friend of God” or “loved by God”.  Some speculate that Theophilos was actually a title of a dignitary.   A real person?  A symbolic person representing all those loved by God?  I don’t know, but what I do know is that the Gospel of Luke is easily read, and for me the importance of each chapter is easily interpreted.   I hope you will accept this challenge and read along with me.  I also hope that you will enjoy my interpretations, my stories and the ways I plan to focus upon each chapter’s importance!  What is the Bible I we cannot translate the meaning and draw correlation to our everyday life.  On my blog, there must be food, so my interpretation will always include a recipe!

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­I hope you follow my blog posts daily, but if you need to back track, you will find all the posts on the special page entitled “Gospel of Luke”. 

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's