Blue Pumpkin Family Dinner!


I enjoy hosting family dinners for my granddaughter and her parents!  Funny way to say that?  Not really.  Everything I do on the home front is done with Phoebe in mind.  40 years ago, I said the same thing about her mother.  Family meals, cooking, baking, setting pretty tables ... all those things matter and lay the foundation for the future.  My daughter is what she is today because of many things learned at home.  Phd or not ... what she learned within the circle of family and home ... those are the things that have made her who she is, and I'm very pleased with who she is!  I want the same thing for Phoebe!

Enough of all that mushy stuff!  Let me show you this beautiful tablescape!



November is a little difficult month for us.  My anniversary is in November; my husband's birthday is in November; his favorite holiday was Thanksgiving.  We just have a little bit of trouble staying positive, but we work hard at it.  I've collected pumpkins forever, and when the blue and green ones came to the shelves of my favorite stores ... they came home with me!  The duck in this end piece on the table is all about Papa Joe!  He collected wooden duck decoys and they remain on display in our very rustic dining room.





What a hodgepodge for a place setting!  The place mat is a Big Lots find from this year, and the flatware is Cambridge.  The covered soup bowl is from World Market a few years ago; the glassware is Pioneer Woman; the plates and mugs are last year's Pier 1 feature!



If you want to see what we had to eat on this pretty table, jump over to my daughter's blog Rooted in Foods and check out the sweet potato ball recipe.  The chicken breasts that show up in her pictures are Pioneer Woman's Chicken Cordon Bleu Hasselback Breasts!  You can google that recipe and please do make it.  Delicious!


I'll be sharing with a few blog parties, so check out my side bar list and visit those sites.  Happy Weekend  before Thanksgiving!



February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's