The Best Mother's Day Gift!


I gave Mother's Day a great deal of thought this year ... because I have been admiring my daughter's mothering abilities!  I decided that the best Mother's Day gift I will ever get is the fact that I raised a young woman who is an excellent mother.  She is a university professor with a continual overload of students ... a mom and wife that believes in cooking dinner every night and sitting around the dinner table with her family ... a mom who makes sure that homework is done and when Miss Phoebe was having trouble with first grade math, she did exactly what her daddy had done with her and taught "old math" to Phoebe ... so she could understand this generation of "new math"!  Between art projects on the kitchen table ... runs to dance class, trips to the frozen yogurt shop and occasional roller skating jaunts ... she manages to find time to get the laundry done, clean the house and maintain an interesting blog site!

Now, I know that there are plenty of young moms out there in blog world that are just like my daughter!   That, too, amazes me ... and that is one of the reasons I blog ... to stay young!   I love visiting those sites ... seeing things they have made ... or made over ... what they cook ... how they raise their kids ... I love it all!

I just wanted to share my Mother's Day gift ... and have to say that I am amazed that my very busy daughter is making beautiful soy candles!  I was thrilled to receive two of them in my basket of good things!  Take a look!



This is a pineapple candle in the pretty mug ... Love that look and can't wait to burn it!


She painted pint jars so they will have a pretty glow ... and put citronella candles in them.  The mosquitoes in our neck of the woods are as big as cats ... so I know I will enjoy burning this one on the back deck!

My basket was filled with other goodies, too!  ...walnut oil, balsamic vinegar and these adorable kitchen pigs!   I love pigs and have a perfect idea for how I will display these pretty things!


I hope everybody had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!  I'm sharing this post with a few parties, so make sure you click through to visit the other posts!

Creatively Living for Monday  Funday Party 
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday 
Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday  
Rain on a Tin Roof for Give Me The Goods Monday  
The DIY Dreamer for From Dream To Reality Tues  
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tues  Inspire Me Tuesday  
Tweak It Tuesday The Scoop Wow Us Wednesdays 
Tablescape Thursday-BNOTP  
Thrifty Thursday-Tales from Bloggeritaville  
Vintage Thingie Thursday-Coloradolady  Inspiration Gallery
Alphabe Thursday-Jenny Matlock  
Full Plate Thursday-Miz Helen's Country Cottage   

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's