Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blue Winter Days!

This will be my last wintertime post ... maybe!  It will have to snow again to get me to set another winter tablescape!  I'm ready for Springtime, you see!

I have many sets of blue and white china and several sets of blue collectible plates.   The beauties are Royal Copenhagen and are intended to be used as 
decorations, but I have frequently served salads in them and nobody 
died from the lead in the paint!



This china is Nikko and it is called Heartland.  The patterns reflect the four seasons.  I have 16 place settings and enjoy using it year-round when I entertain.  


My followers are going to think that I've started dealing in rags!  Here are the kitchen table rag decorations I made for Christmas!  Love the colors.  
The centerpiece looked great with everyday dinnerware and looked even 
better with my  Spode Winter's Eve!


In addition to the trees and wreath, I wrapped Styrofoam balls in the matching fabric to put in the bottoms of my candle hurricanes.



If you are interested in my work world these days ... cooking classes for 1000 students ... 
check out Good Food: Local

I'm posting with a few blog parties so be sure you check out ...

Let's Dish!
Wow Us Wednesdays!
Tablescape Thursdays
Seasonal Sundays

6 comments:

  1. Love the rag pieces.. and fabric balls just fabulous. I love those plates.. both the salads and the dinner. Great table.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Debbie! Long time no see!!!!! Your rag tree is adorable! I would never have thought of that! It goes really well with your other rag items (that wreath...so cool!!!) and makes a really fun table. I'm through with winter tables, too. I'm not trying to rush Spring and Summer, but I'm just tired after all that Christmas decorating! Time to break out some bunnies and butterflies!!! :-) Good to "see" you again and see what you're up to! (cooking classes for 1000 students?!??!??!!) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥♥♥ the rag wreath...and your table is gorgeous! There is nothing that cheers me up more than blue and white...well, maybe something green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue and white are some of my favorite dish colors and that Nikko china is something I have not seen before. Wow cooking classes for a thousand sutdents?!! Love the rang wreath. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see variations on blue and white tables! I had to giggle at your "nobody died" statement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I love blue and white. Yours looks lovely!

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive