Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rags in the Dining Room!

Last summer, I made 35 rag wreaths.  I sold some of them in my antique mall booth;  sold some to friends ... and gave some to friends.  By the time I hit number 25, I realized that I had only made one for myself!  So, I decided what I wanted to do in the dining room for Christmas decorations and set out to include rags!  I deliberately used a color theme and my white owl ornaments, so I could leave the decorations up a couple months after Christmas.  Yes, I admit that I love putting Christmas decorations up ... and dislike taking them down!


So, I made a rag wreath ... rag candle rings ... and a rag garland for the mantel!









5 comments:

  1. I love your rag wreaths!! The colors are fantastic. Such a pretty owl collection! I promised myself I'd make a rag garland (on a a string of lights) for Christmas. Didn't happen. Then, I said I'd make one for Valentine's Day, hasn't happened! This is motivating me!! So pretty!
    Maybe Easter? :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute! Love your vignettes. I'm popping over from Seasonal Sundays.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rag wreaths are so unique, wow this looks so pretty, you are working way to hard, I bet you love it...love the big white owls, look in your setting, Your blog was one of the first I joined when I first started to blog around three years ago....always remember the pie slice...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Seasonal Sundays, you're the link before mine! Sweet blog and love your post, especially the owls and your rag garland. Very festive and unique! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your rag wreaths! Are you an owl lover too? I have some of the owls you are showing ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive