Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cling Peaches are Already Ripe!

Southern Illinois orchards are already selling the first round of fresh peaches! These are the ones that cling to the pit, so they are lots more work than the "cling free" ... but they sure are good! I had fresh cobbler at Flamm Orchard's Peaches and Cream stand yesterday ... and watched an old man bite into his first peach of the season. That look on his face said everything ... yum, yum!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    The peaches are ripe in West Tennessee too, and they're wonderful! They are the clinging variety but, as you said, worth the effort!

    Great patriotic tablescape! Your recipes sound mouth-watering! Glad Phoebe's enjoying her summer. What a cutie she is!

    Regards,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive