Coffee Flavored Beer Bread!




While reorganizing the pantry, I found six bottles of Schlafly beer.  I don't drink much beer, but when I do I want stout and I had bought a case of flavored stouts.  My daughter has been doing weekly broadcasts from her FB page for friends and students and she and her husband discussed having made beer bread, so I decided to make a loaf of beer bread, too!

I wanted bread that was good for breakfast and knew I wanted to put raisins in it.  When I saw a bottle of Blueberry Coffee flavored stout,  I chose that one!  I adjusted my standard recipe a little bit, just to add morning food sweetness.

Blueberry Coffee Beer Bread

3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup of white sugar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup of raisins
1 bottle of Blueberry Coffee Stout Beer (Schlaflys)
1 teaspoon coffee extract

Mix all the ingredients together and let the batter stand for about 15 minutes before putting it in the loaf pan. Beer bread batter is 'excited' by the fizz of the beer and letting it stand allows the excitement to settle down!  Having said that, you can use stale beer.  It won't change a thing.

Spray the loaf pan; add the batter and bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes, depending upon the depth of the pan. The bread should be crusty on top and a pick inserted in the middle should come out clean.



Remove the bread from the oven and brush the top with butter.  The top and bottom crust of beer bread will be crispy without the butter.  If you are concerned about the bottom crust, you can brush the pan with butter (instead of using baking spray) before baking.

This bread is perfect for breakfast ... with creamy butter and coffee, of course! 









February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's