Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Fresh Peach Cake


The first crop of peaches is in ... in Southern Illinois!  They are the little clings and not my choice for canning or freezing ... but certainly my choice to start the season!  We love them fresh ... lots of different ways ... but this moist cake is another favorite!



I chose to bake the cake in my Nordic Ware pan that has four separate and different Bundt cakes shapes.  The four cakes take the same amount as an 8-cup Bundt pan.  It makes it easier for empty nesters to use the cake ... freeze them or share them!  I'm freezing three of mine for events a little later this summer.  I use this same recipe with other fruits ... and I already have a strawberry mini cake frozen ... and in another month, I'll add a blueberry mini cake.  Then I'll have three different cakes to serve at a mid-summer BBQ.  Add fresh fruit and whipped cream and you have a beautiful dessert.





Fresh Peach Cake
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Cream together until fluffy:
2 sticks of soft butter
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
Add the flour ½ cup at a time and continue whipping:
2 cups self- rising flour 
Fold in:
2 cups fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and chopped

Pour into a buttered and floured Bundt pan … or individual Bundt pans … and bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes.  The individual Bundt pans won’t need more than 60 minutes.


Cool the pan/pans on racks for at least ten minutes before inverting.  Dust with confectioner’s sugar.

I might be sharing my post with some of these parties!   Click through to visit the other posts ... but visit my home page, first, so you can see my other posts.

Creatively Living for Monday  Funday Party 
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday 
The DIY Dreamer for From Dream To Reality Tues  
Our Home Away From Home for Tuesdays @ Our Home 
We Call it Junkin! 
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tues  Inspire Me Tuesday  
Creative Muster
Tweak It Tuesday The Scoop Wow Us Wednesdays 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like my kind of cake, and I just happen to have gotten fresh peaches today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sounds like a slice of summer. I chose as my favorite on the from the farm blog hop so it will be featured next week. Thanks for sharing. Elaine @ sunnysimplelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saturday!
    Fresh Peach is one of my favorites your Fresh Peach Cake looks delicious! Hope you have a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious! I love fresh peaches. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive