Royal Wedding Supper Tea Party!

I'm reposting something from the last royal wedding!  Enjoyed Harry's wedding today!

Last week's Royal Wedding was cause for celebration at my house!  I was a big follower of Princess Diana because I thought she brought a little reality to the British Monarch ... so you know I had to follow the lives of her sons.  I hosted a little supper tea party, complete with a 5-course meal that I adapted from past royal wedding meals. 


A table for six, set in the dining room.



The first thing guests saw was the engagement picture of
Prince William and Catherine.





 The centerpiece was a silk floral arrangement that picked up the colors of  the tablecloth ... all sitting on a vintage hand-crocheted table cloth bunched up in the center of the table.  Surrounding the flowers were framed pictures of past Royal weddings ... Prince William's ancestors back to Queen Victoria!  I also included a portrait of  Henry VIII and Anne Boelyn ... just for fun!

The menu featured items from past Royal Wedding reception breakfast menus.  Normally, the weddings were held in later morning, with a meal ... called breakfast ... in early afternoon.   Cumberland Sauce dates to Queen Victoria's wedding reception ... the late Queen Mother had grilled scallions at her reception ... The Queen Mother and Diana had strawberries and cream for dessert.



I used my Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles ... and yes, that's one of the Christmas Tree plates.  Don't forget that Queen Victoria's husband, Prince Albert, introduced England to the (German) Christmas Tree!  I added some pink Depression Glass, including my cream soup bowls ... and my Fostoria Mignon stemmed glasses.   The flatware is Oneida Evening Star silverplate.  I have actual 'afternoon spoons' in that pattern ... that are intended for afternoon, tea ... so I chose it for this meal.
The favors were coasters imprinted with the wedding date, the picture and names of the bride and groom ... and the Windsor coat of arms.  Each guest also received a tiny can of English tea!  If you missed my other Royal Wedding post with all the vintage photographs, visit my home page.  I'm linking with Tablescape Thursday and Pink Saturday so make sure you click t
hrough to visit the other posts!


February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's